Friday, July 25, 2008

80's meme

Preppy or Rocker: Rocker always! Just wait till you see the pictures below.

Z Cavarricis or Guess Jeans and Espirit or Benetton?: Guess jeans and United Colors of Benetton. I have go clue who made my jeans, we shopped at K-mart and Sears. If I was lucky and hit a sale the Rainbow shop and DEB but that was a real treat. But no matter what brand they were they were pegged with wigwams.

Favorite Pop song of the 80s: I have one or two, I was more rock then pop but I loved
Tainted Love - Soft Cell (thankfully covered by Marilyn Manson)
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics (again, thankfully covered by Marilyn Manson)
Voices Carry - Til' Tuesday

Most Annoying Pop song of the 80s : Anything New Kids on the Block, remember I'm a rocker girl.

Hair Metal or Heavy Metal- Who was your favorite performer and favorite song?
Picking a favorite performer or song is like trying to pick my favorite child just impossible to do. But I will list who I listened to in the 80's and early 90's.....until grunge came along.....
AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Baton Rouge, Cinderella, Dokken, Europe, Danger Danger, Trixter, Extreme, Firehouse, Great White, Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, Night Ranger, Roxy Blue, Anthrax, Metallica, Ozzy, Van Halen (Van Hager), Lynch Mob, Poison, Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, Warrant, Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Tora Tora, Dio, Skid Row, Kiss, Queensryche, Winger, Bullet Boys, Steelheart, Whitesnake, White Lion, Kix, Tesla, WASP, Saigon Kick, Slaughter, Jackyl, Iron Maiden and more I'm sure I'm missing. If it was on Headbangers Ball I listened to it.

What posters were on your bedroom wall or college dorm room? Johnny Depp, the Monkees, Poison, Warrant, Nelson, Motley Crew, Europe, La Guns, Guns N Roses, Kix, Def Leppard, Steve Via......lets put it this way if you were in a metal band that made it to the pages of Metal Edge magazine, at some point you were on my wall

What concerts do you remember most from the 80s? Poison. It was my very first concert. It was just after the release of Open Up and Say Ahh! They opened for David Lee Roth. Droopy took me to see them because he knew how much I loved them.

Favorite 80s movies Dirty Dancing, Footloose, Gremlins, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Heathers, The Christmas Story, Goonies, Breakfast Club, Better off Dead, One Crazy Summer, Spaceballs, Police Academy, Ferris Beuller, Back to the Future, Naked Gun, Outsiders, Mr Mom, The Lost Boys, License to Drive, Big, Stand by Me, Dream a Little Dream, E.T., Mannequin, Short Circuit, Ghostbusters, Howard the Duck, Karate Kid, Weird Science, Big Trouble in Little China, Nightmare on Elm Street, Adventures in Babysitting

Favorite 80s movie quotes
"Hey, if you hit the wrong note, we'll all "B Flat" Goonies
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" Princess Bride
"Number 5 is alive!" Short Circuit

Way too many from The Christmas Story. We have seen this movie way, way, way too many times. Here is the proof.....go take the quiz yourself and see how you do!
You scored a 100%!











Congratulations! I applaud you on the multiple watchings of the movie. You must watch the marathons each year :^)

A Christmas Story
Take More Quizzes



Top 3 most memorable pop culture moments of the 80s for you President Reagan being shot, yes I know I was only 5 or so but it is one of my first memories. The Challenger Disaster because we watched it as a group in the all-purpose room. I have a bad memory that is all you are getting.

Favorite 80s cartoon The Smurfs, Fraggle Rock and Muppet Show even though not cartoons were directed towards us little ones, Capitan Cave Man, Grape Ape, Looney Tunes

Favorite 80s commercials:
Frosted Mini Wheats because they bring out the kid in you
Head and Shoulders because you never get a second chance to make a first impression
Juicy Fruit because the taste is really gonna moooovvve ya

Boy George or Wham? Rocker or not I have to go with Wham! and goddess bless his soul George Michael. I mean really, I don't think I've seen a finer ass on any man since the "Faith" video

Favorite one-hit wonder They don't know about us - Tracy Ullman

INXS or Depeche Mode As much as I like "People are People" did you ever see Michael Hutchence? I mean he was quite a hottie and he can sing, a perfect combination.

Poison or Warrant: Now you are just trying to rip my heart out. Of cousre I'm a huge Poison fan.....first concert ever remember but.....my goddess......Jerry Dixon....... (love you honey)

Did you ever meet a rocker or 80's pop icon? Where were you?
On my 18th birthday (thanks mom for letting me skip school) I got to meet Richie Sambora and David Bryan of Bon Jovi.
1998 Kiss 7th row MSG was incredible enough but after the show I got to meet Steve West of Danger Danger.
And Sebastian Bach of Skid Row! OMG! HE WAS HUGGING ME!!!! (love you honey)Of course I was shaking and super nervous when I got to meet Jack Russell from Great White. Love this man! Super sweet and the voice of an angel. And his incredibly sexy new (at the time) bass play Sean McNabb. Yummy! (love you honey)Steve Riley of LA Guns.Bill Leverty, guitarist from FireHouse.Mark Slaughter and Blas Elias of Slaughter. Blas Elias of Slaughter, again, YUMMY! (love you honey)I have also met but have no pictures of CC DeVille of Poison, all of Quiet Riot, Weird Al Yankovik, Tesla (they new I was getting engaged before I did), Dokken, Ratt, Tracii Guns, Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden and a few more that I'm probably forgetting.

Snap bracelets or Jelly bracelets? Sharon said "Jelly Bracelets and they would match my Wigwams (multi-colored socks we would buy from Trenton Joes)" I second that!

Fess up. Who had the garden weasel bangs? *see previous post* 'nuff said

Favorite 80s sitcoms: A-Team, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, Silver Spoons, ALF, Charles in Charge, Different Strokes, Facts of Life, Fraggle Rock, Head of the Class, Kate and Allie, Love Boat, Mork and Mindy, Moonlighting, Pee Wee's Playhouse, Perfect Strangers, Small Wonder, Smurfs, Tales from the Darkside, 21 Jump Street, Wonder Years, Tracey Ullman Show, Who's the Boss

Is Jon Bon Jovi still hot or what? Yes, yes and yes! (love you honey) Taken with camera phone at the Bon Jovi concert 07-15-06

"Double Dare" or "You Can't Do That on Television" Both. Love Nickelodeon. Watch out for the green slime

Who was your favorite Brat Packer? Judd Nelson, totally dude. Breakfast Club. hhhhhhhhot! Again second that!

Jellies or Reebok Pumps Jellies but my god how your feet would sweat in those things.

Favorite pizza parlor arcade game: Never played arcade games, my hand eye coordination not the best but I loved playing the jukebox at the local pizza joint.

Deep South "Good 'ol Boys" or "L.A. underground vigilantes wanted for a crime they didn't commit" Dukes of Hazzard

If you are reading this feel free to copy to your blog and have fun. If you are a regular lurker, why don't you take this as a opportunity to come out and introduce yourself, just say hi if nothing else. Please, I'd love to hear from you. Let me know where I can reach you back though. Blogger has a nasty habit of giving the "no reply blogger" response.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh I will say "YUM" on so many levels. Thanks for playing along with us!