Thursday, July 24, 2008

80's Hair Friday! Gimme head with hair, Long beautiful hair, Shining, gleaming, Streaming, flaxen, waxen....

Just so you all know I was born with lots and lots of hair. So I had issues right from the beginning. My hair is naturally wavy and extremely thick. These pictures are all pre 1980 when I was about 3 or 4 years old.
Middle school came in the late 80's. It wasn't good to me.
Now these girls have big hair. These were great and best friends of mine in high school. Never kept in touch after graduation. I miss them. We had some great times together. I think we each carried the large can of Aqua Net Super hold. This is most likely 1990. The "Eighties" hair stuck around even after the decade had officially ended.
Then there was the ever changing period of time where the hair some days would be high and other days not so much. I had a grunge, hippie and goth period these lasted back and forth for almost a decade. I also went threw a "no photos please" period so thankfully there are very few examples to show you. You would think it is the 80's but it isn't these are my sophomore 90-91, junior 91-92 and senior 92-93 school pictures. Told you the calendar was changing but my hair wasn't.
Some time around 1996 I cut my bangs and I haven't grown them back yet. I thought I looked good. Ha! These were all taken between 1996 and 2000.

Since that time I have colored my hair black and red and have had blond and red highlights over my natural brown hair. I'm happy with my hair today, as I probably was in all of this photos. It could be a lot worse, I mean, I just hope that I don't look back some day wishing I still had hair.

I will be doing the 80's meme this evening, I promise. I just had to get the hair out there.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Very cool! See I never had the support structure for the side swoop bangs. I'm quite envious. See mom would steal the Aqua Net for hersef at that point.

Lesley said...

This is quite an 80s hair scrapbook you've got here! I am quite impressed with the hair. And again I feel like I missed out.

Kim said...

Wow I'm jealous. All I have is thin mousy brown hair with alot more grey showing. Sigh.....