Sunday, May 18, 2008

Special Surprise Gift!

This story begins with a day shopping at the craft store. Mom spotted these really cute Disney themed cross stitch kits. The kit included all the thread, a needle and a pattern so small I had to enlarge it to read it. I'm thinking these things are aimed at kids to work on. Maybe kids are more talented these days because I myself had a hard time stitching it, I can't even imagine trying something like this if I were 9 years old.But I worked on it and worked on it and worked on it with very little complaint. It took me a little longer to do then I thought it would, about 7 days or so. I worked on it at work during break time and for about an hour a night. But those at work with experience in these things said that was pretty could for a beginner.
I am quite proud of it. It turned out great! All the hard work was worth it because Sharon loved it. Well, she loves anything pirates and Johnny Depp.
So this story ends with a happy birthday to Sharon and three more little cross stitch patterns to work on. You didn't think I could leave the store without getting my three favorite villains? Yes, I bought myself Cruella Deville, Ursula and the Wicked Queen. Of course they might just stay in their packages and be displayed as is. I know, I know, I hear you all yelling that I should stitch them. We'll see.

No comments: