Monday, April 21, 2008

My wonderful and talented SIL Sharon http://stitchinwitch.blogspot.com/ knitted made me this beautiful shrug for work and gave it to me as a birthday present. It is a great brown color and matches about half of my strappy shirts.



The specs:
Pattern: Unshaped Shrug by Just Call Me Ruby
Yarn: Laines du Nord Softlight in chocolate brown
Needles: Size 11 needles
Mods: None. Easy as pie.


I decided that I was going to try one of my own in black. I do not knit but I have crocheted since I was about 12 years old. I found a simple pattern and some great soft yarn and figured I would give it a try and if it turned out horribly wrong than I could just beg Sharon to make my one in black. I think it turned out pretty darn good for my first attempt at clothing. (I'm a blanket maker, got love those granny squares). The sleeves are slightly longer than hers and I don't think mine is as wide.
The specs:
Pattern: SusanB in Metro KC - Alternating V Shell Afghan #2
Yarn: Lion Brand Microspun Ebony 910-153 True black
Hook Size: I hook
Mods: Well considering this is a blanket pattern.....there were a few. I only went about 20 rows of the pattern. I used a DC along the long sides and a SC along the "sleeve" sides for borders. I also added a CH3 type fringe on the "sleeve" side and I joined the sides to make the sleeves with a sl st. Lastly, I worked using two strans of yarn together to make it thicker.

Now I have a brown and a black shrug so I can wear my strappy shirts to work this summer.




1 comment:

Sharon said...

It's shrug-tastic!