Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wecome!

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. There are only 5 weeks left until the Craft show. I'm starting to get nervous but I have faith that I will get all of my stuff together. My team (sweat shop) are all working hard. They all have blisters on their fingers. They will get a break soon but for now they all better be working. :)

I should introduce my sweat shop. There is Mom. She has been working hard on filling in sleds, trees, santas, and helmets. She did her first solo project with all sewing on the candle rings. She did a great job! She's trying to avoid doing French Knots (so is everyone else, myself included) so she is doing Turkey's now. Not sure what we will be having her do next.....ribbons, maybe.

Then there is Kim. She is my c0-worker and super fast sweat shop worker. She has a union rep but him doesn't help her out that much just basically provides oral abuse. She has helped me since early summer and sewed her fingers to the bone doing Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore tissue boxes. Then she moved onto Tweety tissue boxes which she finished in record time. Then I tortured her with the evil small holed helmets. (Story for another time, let's just say everyone wanted to beat me with the plastic canvas pieces) She is now happier working on the regular helmets. I see face masks in her future.

Then we have the lovely husband and wife team of Roland and Sharon aka my brother and sister-in-law. Their resources were brought in because I was loosing my mind with the evil small holed helmets. They started out working on the small evil holes and then when I had a sense that mutiney was a foot they have been working on the regular helmets. Sharon was working on the helmets and noticed that some of the lines were getting done by magic plastic canvas fairies. Not fairies but Roland. She caught him in the act sewing away at the helmets. So we added him to the staff. She is now working on santa faces. Not sure if she will be getting help on those or not.

I have a lot of assembly work to do. All the sleds! 24 of those little suckers. Plus the helmets are ready now and need to be put together too. There are 9 of those. I also want to get the Large Cross, the Snow Globe Coasters, the Church coasters, the Snowman TP Cover and maybe the ScareCrow Coasters done before the show but that is pushing it. I'll will be happy with just finishing what we've started before Nov 17th.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting plastic canvas fairy help on these!

-Your dedicated sweatshop employee. :-)